Southampton Fighting Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CS:Source

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon'

Go down 
+10
Major.Spikes
Hu$k1e
nicthemuppet
[SFc] Stuart Little
Buck-_-Shot
t!KK3r
Doughnut
STANZY
Tink
[SFc]T.I.E.
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
[SFc]T.I.E.
Beginer
Beginer
[SFc]T.I.E.

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-02-18

I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon' Empty
PostSubject: I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon'   I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon' EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 12:37 pm

it is now on the Beta server,

any feedback?

So far

*I need to fix the SFC logo at the top of the map. It will be spinning and the guns I used to make the 'S' and the 'C' disappeared because the gg_ pluggin removes any guns on the map, so I will replace them by something else.

*Making the glass floor underground a bit weaker, so we can shoot out the glass steps more easily (to bring some tactic to the map) the idea is that if you shoot the glass steps then you can only jump in (from higher ground) but you can't jump out... forcing people to use the maze or the spiral staircase routes.

*maybe having a 3rd route ... I'm thinking of a fun way of making one..... If it's to easy to run to the other side, it will become a rush point and and everyone will then use that route.
I was thinking of a central chamber with a rotating door system, so its complicated to enter and exit. or something

Feedback please bounce

or any ideas for another map, I think I could make a normal cs bomb map too...

Back to top Go down
Tink
Spam Queen
Spam Queen
Tink

Number of posts : 140
Home town : Surrey
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon'   I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon' EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 1:57 pm

Good luck on that babes, I personally thought it was f**king awsome, but then again I wanna be able to make stuff like that, *green eyes* will have to do alot of reading on the subject. trial and error for the win.
bounce
Back to top Go down
STANZY
Beginer
Beginer

Number of posts : 25
Home town : Southampton
Registration date : 2007-02-16

PostSubject: Re: I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon'   I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon' EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 8:45 pm

Haven't seen it yet TIE but I hope I will soon.

As soon as I do I will give feedback.

Also can you tell me what program you use to make the map ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.southamptongymnastics.co.uk
Doughnut
Full Timer
Full Timer
Doughnut

Number of posts : 91
Home town : Gosport
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon'   I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon' EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 9:08 pm

havnt seen it on the server yet but could you post a link so as we all can download it and give it a try
Back to top Go down
[SFc]T.I.E.
Beginer
Beginer
[SFc]T.I.E.

PostSubject: Re: I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon'   I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon' EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 9:37 pm

you should just admin change map to

gg_sfcpenapticon

it will download automatically , on the beta server

Its like a maze tower and has an underground passage with a central circular staircase that goes to the top,

its identical from the other side.

hope you like it Very Happy

I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon' Gg_sfcpenapticon_v010000

I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon' Gg_sfcpenapticon_v010002

here for tinkerbell who asked about it, the tutorials on youtube on how to make maps, very easy really, just takes time.

download first the editor using steam:

/steam/tools/source SDK/Hammer Editor

then follow this tutorials to learn how to make a simple map.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5W0sWjQ5XaA&mode=related&search=

there is 12 tutorials, just follow the links in youtube to the other tutorials

they go from easy to more complex stuff.

Basketball
Back to top Go down
Tink
Spam Queen
Spam Queen
Tink

Number of posts : 140
Home town : Surrey
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon'   I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon' EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 11:40 pm

watched the linked one, wow it looks easy but is confusing, will have to watch it around three times to understand it all, lol. thank you T.I.E <3
Back to top Go down
STANZY
Beginer
Beginer

Number of posts : 25
Home town : Southampton

PostSubject: Re: I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon'   I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon' EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 11:56 pm

I think I am going to have a crack at making a map...

Any comments on what makes a good map ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.southamptongymnastics.co.uk
t!KK3r
A budding Shakespeare
t!KK3r

Number of posts : 418
Home town : a box

PostSubject: Re: I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon'   I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon' EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 12:15 am

Co0ol map Tie... Twisted Evil
Ive played on a lot of maps & this is completely original, where did you get the inspiration for a spiral map & dont say a wedding cake... Question lol!

I think you are right about the glass being to hard to break, it took almost a whole clip to break one pain, OR you could keep the class the same but make it one sheet instead of several segments...

I love the idea of the rotating maze basement that would be genius... Twisted Evil Possibly some alternative routes might work ie: VENTS going down & taking you to the core, I know vents are lame but they give the player the illusion of choice... Twisted Evil just an idea...

Its your map, possibly a work in progress but its still much better than I could have done so my hats off, weldone... Twisted Evil affraid Very Happy
Back to top Go down
[SFc]T.I.E.
Beginer
Beginer
[SFc]T.I.E.

PostSubject: Re: I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon'   I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon' EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 5:52 am

thanks, I just textured it all in stone and wood,

made the glass brakable with only 2 shots, and lowered the cave center, so if you enter and someone shoots the glass bridges, you are forced to use the spiral staircase.

also fixed the sfc logo, now it spins, and added my signature somewhere.

no 3rd route yet, this probably tomorrow,

I'all ask oz if he can upload my new version to the server and delete the old one.

Ah, the inspiraton comes from a book I readed, "the traveler", it has a prison in it with a tower in the middle, so the guards can always see the prisoners, and they don't know if they guard can see them, but they think that they always do, so they behave ... its mind control Twisted Evil

anyway the prison is called a panopticon.

I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon' Real-panopticon

I did not do my research first, so at the end the map looks nothing like a panopticon, but I still liked the name,

I actually visualised the tower of bavel in my head when I imagined the prison,

I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon' Babel

, then a ying and yang symbol for the paths,

I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon' Yinyan1

see , easy! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Buck-_-Shot
Needs to get out more
Buck-_-Shot

Number of posts : 254
Home town : soton
Registration date : 2007-04-23

PostSubject: Re: I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon'   I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon' EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 2:35 pm

Tinkerbell wrote:
watched the linked one, wow it looks easy but is confusing, will have to watch it around three times to understand it all, lol. thank you T.I.E <3

what i found easy is taking one of the pre loaded maps "the ones u get witj sdk" and make a simple map just to get urself used to the scales and whatnot lol

Very nice map btw tie played on it the other day and it kl as h3ll
Back to top Go down
[SFc]T.I.E.
Beginer
Beginer
[SFc]T.I.E.

PostSubject: Re: I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon'   I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon' EmptyWed Aug 15, 2007 8:26 pm

I'm right now adding textures, It's made of stone and brick , so the tower looks more like a castle.

I made a room in the middle of the maze, with rotating walls, this will be the 3rd route to the other side of the map, and connects in the middle with the stairs, this should be enough to make it really interconnected.

I will finish it this week hopefully!

making maps is fun but takes ages.
Back to top Go down
[SFc] Stuart Little
A budding Shakespeare
[SFc] Stuart Little

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2007-02-14

PostSubject: Re: I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon'   I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon' EmptyWed Aug 15, 2007 10:22 pm

too dark imo
Back to top Go down
nicthemuppet
Spam Queen
Spam Queen
nicthemuppet

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2007-05-03

PostSubject: Re: I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon'   I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon' EmptyThu Aug 16, 2007 12:30 am

weed Question Question to be honest a great try but not my cup of tea:lol!:
Back to top Go down
[SFc]T.I.E.
Beginer
Beginer
[SFc]T.I.E.

PostSubject: Re: I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon'   I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon' EmptyThu Aug 16, 2007 1:09 pm

well yesterday night finished v2 of the map (hopefully finished and final version) it's looking much better

its brighter (stu Smile ) has textures all around instead of beeing dull grey, and a 3rd route, a new room that has spinning walls.

I'll email it to oz tonight, see If we can play it on the Beta server.

I know what you mean nicthemuppet , simple map layout work better with the gun game, and mine turn out quite complex, scratch I got carried away by the tower idea, hopefully this new version with the extra room with moving walls, more ways to run around, the glass room with really easy to brake glass floors and more visibility will make it interesting enough to compensate.

I made the interior lighting brighter and added black/yellow warning sides on the glass steps so people will be able to see clearly if the steps are gone or not,

falling to the deadly pit every time because the floor is not easy to see is a pain, so I fixed it.

also the glass room is lower so you can enter it by jumping in but can't leave by jumping out it if all the floors where shot, (some tactic is to run backwards and spray the floor,) this way the only route is the spiral staircase, but this new version has an extra way out using the new room with the spinning walls,

basically there is more options, and looks nicer with the pretty textures.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Hu$k1e
Mega Poster
Hu$k1e

Number of posts : 500
Home town : basildon essex,formally portswood
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon'   I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon' EmptyThu Aug 16, 2007 1:57 pm

ive not played on your map tie is it on the rotation.
Back to top Go down
[SFc]T.I.E.
Beginer
Beginer
[SFc]T.I.E.

PostSubject: Re: I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon'   I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon' EmptyFri Aug 17, 2007 1:13 am

YAY, the map is finished and we played it tonight, here are the screen shots.

check menace and the knife! knifey

Very Happy

I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon' Gg_sfcpenapticon_v020000

I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon' Gg_sfcpenapticon_v020001

I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon' Gg_sfcpenapticon_v020002

I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon' Gg_sfcpenapticon_v020011

I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon' Gg_sfcpenapticon_v020004

I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon' Gg_sfcpenapticon_v020009

I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon' Gg_sfcpenapticon_v020014

I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon' Gg_sfcpenapticon_v020015

I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon' Gg_sfcpenapticon_v020006

I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon' Gg_sfcpenapticon_v020010

I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon' Gg_sfcpenapticon_v020012

I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon' Gg_sfcpenapticon_v020016

I'm very happy with it, and looks like everyone had a blast , specially on the rotating walls room. king

the lag, I will have to look on the internet too see if there is anything to improve it.
Back to top Go down
Hu$k1e
Mega Poster
Hu$k1e

Number of posts : 500
Home town : basildon essex,formally portswood
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon'   I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon' EmptyFri Aug 17, 2007 1:59 am

good job there tie...nice one. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nicthemuppet
Spam Queen
Spam Queen
nicthemuppet

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2007-05-03

PostSubject: Re: I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon'   I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon' EmptyFri Aug 17, 2007 2:08 am

top marks tie well done very nice and easy to get lost
lol!
Back to top Go down
Buck-_-Shot
Needs to get out more
Buck-_-Shot

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2007-04-23

PostSubject: Re: I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon'   I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon' EmptyFri Aug 17, 2007 1:57 pm

excellent map tie thoroughly enjoyable took a while to get used to it second time round like to see u got tie killin me now evry1 can see he got a vendetta lol =D jokin knifey knifey knifey
Back to top Go down
Major.Spikes
Knife King
Major.Spikes

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon'   I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon' EmptyFri Aug 17, 2007 4:54 pm

Great map my only problem atm is it is way to dark on the outer staircase
Back to top Go down
http://www.sfc.ozpital.com
[SFc]T.I.E.
Beginer
Beginer
[SFc]T.I.E.

PostSubject: Re: I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon'   I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon' EmptyFri Aug 17, 2007 6:44 pm

Major.Spikes wrote:
Great map my only problem atm is it is way to dark on the outer staircase

really? maybe I have the brightness too high on my monitor,

the shadow areas outside on the daylight are a bit contrasty, I did like it too look like it's a bright day out,

I could up the ambient light and get another version out, the shadow areas would be brighter...
Back to top Go down
Major.Spikes
Knife King
Major.Spikes

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon'   I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon' EmptyFri Aug 17, 2007 6:49 pm

its just in the shadows the players are very hard to see esp CT
Back to top Go down
http://www.sfc.ozpital.com
[SFc]T.I.E.
Beginer
Beginer
[SFc]T.I.E.

PostSubject: Re: I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon'   I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon' EmptyFri Aug 17, 2007 8:18 pm

Major.Spikes wrote:
its just in the shadows the players are very hard to see esp CT

yeah, I agree the ambient light could be stronger, I could make a v3 and email it to ozpital.

Ill see If I can improve the lag too, but probably play again on the server some more to check for sure it was the map and not some fluke last night that was lagging.
Back to top Go down
t!KK3r
A budding Shakespeare
t!KK3r

Number of posts : 418
Home town : a box

PostSubject: Re: I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon'   I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon' EmptySat Aug 18, 2007 12:14 am

You know I was just going to say the same thing, the lighting is either early morning OR dusk & so will put all players into a relaxed state of mind... Twisted Evil

Not really great for gaming... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
97AndyMacK
Full Timer
Full Timer
97AndyMacK

Number of posts : 79
Home town : Scotland, GB, Earth, Solar System, Unfashionable end of the Wstrn Spiral arm of the Milky Way Galaxy

PostSubject: Re: I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon'   I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon' EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 8:49 pm

Its a good looking map man. Well done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon'   I made an original gun game map 'gg_sfcPenapticon' Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next