Southampton Fighting Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CS:Source

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Virgin Media and the SFc-online.net domain

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ozpital
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 259
Home town : Southampton, England
Registration date : 2007-02-16

Virgin Media and the SFc-online.net domain Empty
PostSubject: Virgin Media and the SFc-online.net domain   Virgin Media and the SFc-online.net domain EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 11:54 pm

For some reason Virgin Media (VM) cable internet customers are having trouble accessing the sfc-online.net domain name. I'm talking to the tech guys direct about the issue but in the mean time can ye give out the www.sfccss.co.uk domain when telling people to sign up..... which you should all be doing.... if you love us... which I'm sure you do.

Say Hello to the new gamers that come into the servers, make them feel welcome and like they've found a cool server to hang out in ( Which they have Smile ).

Cheers Guys and Guyettes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ozpital.com
Buck-_-Shot
Needs to get out more
Buck-_-Shot

Number of posts : 254
Home town : soton
Registration date : 2007-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Virgin Media and the SFc-online.net domain   Virgin Media and the SFc-online.net domain EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 1:58 am

im on vm =] it works fine if u go on https://sfcforums.editboard.com
Back to top Go down
Ozpital
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Virgin Media and the SFc-online.net domain   Virgin Media and the SFc-online.net domain EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 11:27 am

yeh I know... thats not ma point tho. Throughout the servers its advertised at sfc-online.net and if ye on VM it won't work.
Back to top Go down
Yats42
Part timer
Part timer
Yats42

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Virgin Media and the SFc-online.net domain   Virgin Media and the SFc-online.net domain EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 12:54 pm

this is strange cos im having no problems using the .net adress and im with Virgin
Back to top Go down
Ozpital
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Virgin Media and the SFc-online.net domain   Virgin Media and the SFc-online.net domain EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 1:01 pm

Cable or through ye phone line?
Back to top Go down
Yats42
Part timer
Part timer
Yats42

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Virgin Media and the SFc-online.net domain   Virgin Media and the SFc-online.net domain EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 1:16 pm

cable, tho on speedtest.net and similar sites im still shown as being on telewest even tho my bills are to virgin =S
Back to top Go down
sultan_of_ping
Beginer
Beginer
sultan_of_ping

Number of posts : 26
Home town : Southampton
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Virgin Media and the SFc-online.net domain   Virgin Media and the SFc-online.net domain EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 1:19 pm

I'm on Virgin Cable and connect to sfc-online.net and have not had any problems at all, it just redirects to https://sfcforums.editboard.com.
Back to top Go down
Ozpital
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Virgin Media and the SFc-online.net domain   Virgin Media and the SFc-online.net domain EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 1:30 pm

VM bought out ntl, telewest and blueyonder. Basically the entire cable based network.

So yours is working? Are ye in Southampton?
Back to top Go down
sultan_of_ping
Beginer
Beginer
sultan_of_ping

PostSubject: Re: Virgin Media and the SFc-online.net domain   Virgin Media and the SFc-online.net domain EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 3:20 pm

I'm in Plymouth at the moment. My broadband shows up as VM.
Back to top Go down
Ozpital
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Virgin Media and the SFc-online.net domain   Virgin Media and the SFc-online.net domain EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 3:21 pm

Maybe its a local routing problem then. hummm... interesting.
Back to top Go down
sultan_of_ping
Beginer
Beginer
sultan_of_ping

PostSubject: Re: Virgin Media and the SFc-online.net domain   Virgin Media and the SFc-online.net domain EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 3:40 pm

I have spoken to a friend at virgin, and he said they were working on the dns servers, and being rather funky with their caching. it wouldn't affect mine as i run through an admin home server and the server clears the cache automatically after every log on. that could have stopped people getting on i guess. if people are still having probs they could try flushing their dns (ipconfig /flushdns), that may work, but i think its just virgin doing some maintenance and not telling anyone.
Back to top Go down
sultan_of_ping
Beginer
Beginer
sultan_of_ping

PostSubject: Re: Virgin Media and the SFc-online.net domain   Virgin Media and the SFc-online.net domain EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 3:45 pm

Also noticed the time is wrong on your forum, it is an hour ahead. thought it was getting close to home time then!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Iceman
Admin
Admin
Iceman

Number of posts : 269
Home town : crossmaglen co. armagh/dundalk co. louth
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Virgin Media and the SFc-online.net domain   Virgin Media and the SFc-online.net domain EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 7:23 pm

nothing wrong with the time on the forum you have your settings wrong in your profile thats all.
Back to top Go down
sultan_of_ping
Beginer
Beginer
sultan_of_ping

PostSubject: Re: Virgin Media and the SFc-online.net domain   Virgin Media and the SFc-online.net domain EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 7:43 pm

Cheers Iceman, didn't even look under the preferences section. Idea
Back to top Go down
sultan_of_ping
Beginer
Beginer
sultan_of_ping

PostSubject: Re: Virgin Media and the SFc-online.net domain   Virgin Media and the SFc-online.net domain EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 9:21 pm

after all i said, got home from work and can't access the site from virgin cable anymore. had to go to sfccss.co.uk.

p.s. can't even ping the site name www.sfc-online.net from VM, is there a redirect to another site? it doesn't seem to resolve the name at all.
Back to top Go down
Ozpital
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Virgin Media and the SFc-online.net domain   Virgin Media and the SFc-online.net domain EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 9:43 pm

ahh see, im not mental.

basically the domain uses the namecheap.com 'nameservers / DNS' and I have told it to forward to this forum from within the namecheap.com control panel.

It was working for me today for a little bit too but soon buggered off again.

I've got a few other domains with namecheap.com aswell... all with the same problems.

Started about a week a go, today has been the first sign of life since then... if a little short lived.

Someones been fiddling.
Back to top Go down
sultan_of_ping
Beginer
Beginer
sultan_of_ping

PostSubject: Re: Virgin Media and the SFc-online.net domain   Virgin Media and the SFc-online.net domain EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 10:07 pm

does sound like it!!

If you need any space to host websites from i have around 5 or 6 spare that i am not using at the moment, am happy to give you all the admin for the relevant control panels and php admin boards if you need them (each has 2gb). just let me know if you need any. you can change the nameservers etc.. to these if you continue to get problems with namecheap.com . I have two cs:source servers that i haven't set up yet aswell so if you need an extra space while you do maintenance on your server, again let me know and i can give you details so you have somewhere to play while fixing it up. just send me an email and i'll have a chat about it if you ever need it.

anyway hope you get it all sorted.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Virgin Media and the SFc-online.net domain   Virgin Media and the SFc-online.net domain Empty

Back to top Go down

Virgin Media and the SFc-online.net domain
Page 1 of 1